Untitled Document1. ;The correct sales receipt must accompany ALL returns.
2. ;Textbooks can be returned by the last day of add/drop IF accompanied by a valid sales receipt and the text is in excellent condition. After this date, all textbooks are non-returnable.
3. ;Returned new textbooks must be completely devoid of names, highlighting, and pen or pencil marks. The construction of the book, including but not limited to the spine, pages, and corners, must also be in new condition.
4. ;Only the Bookstore determines whether a book is returnable.
5. ;If shrink-wrap is removed from a textbook, it cannot be accepted for return. Before buying a shrink wrapped book, be certain that you need it.
6. ;Defective books will be replaced at no charge. A defective book should be returned to the Bookstore immediately so that a replacement copy can be ordered as quickly as possible. A replacement copy will be provided only when the defective copy is returned.
7. ;It is the responsibility of the student to obtain and keep ALL SALES RECEIPTS. Cancelled checks and credit card statements are unacceptable for textbook returns.
8. ;If you lose your receipt, the Bookstore is NOT responsible for providing proof of your purchase.New as of January 2015
1. If you are returning a book and did not drop/add the course for which the book was bought, you will receive a Bookstore gift card in the amount of the purchase price of the book.
2. Drop/Add returns to the Bookstore will be verified through the student's schedule history prior to issuing a refund for the book. Refunds will be issued in the form of original payment.